Lloyd Robert Borrett

  search
 
Insight

  This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Lloyd Borrett's Blog
Are we there yet?
 

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Reading blogs 

I find that many people don't grasp how blogs get read. I personally use an RSS reader called Awasu (www.awasu.com). I find however that after I explain the concept of a blog, the person I am talking with is already a bit overwhelmed. Needless to say also explaining RSS really can loose some people. What are other people running into? Do you have a favorite RSS reader? Do you tell your associates about it? Are your associates jumping on the blogging wagon?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal favorite RSS feed reader so far is SharpReader (http://www.sharpreader.net/). It's simple and efficient. I took a look at Awasu and even downloaded it and tried it out, but it had too many bells and whistles for me. I think it would confuse most people who are new to the whole concept of blogging and RSS feeds.

I love RSS feeds, though. It makes it easy to have all of your favorite blogs, news and even Yahoo! Group messages delivered to one spot. Having it pop up a notice from your system tray when something new is posted, is great.

I think it is odd that when you are online, it seems like everyone in the known universe has a blog. But, if you ask the average person they don't understand anything about it. People I talk to are often puzzled by the whole concept of blogging. I try to explain that it is like having an online journal, but I guess not everyone cares to have an offline journal let alone an online one.

- - - - - 26 February, 2005 18:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really into RSS, but I use Thunderbird as a RSS reader. I check the sites while I'm checking my email. I'ts pretty easy.

- - - - - 08 March, 2005 14:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doing the sharp thing myself

- - - - - 14 May, 2005 17:10  

- - - - - Post a Comment

 
Learn more about AVG Internet Security real-time protection
 

 
 


 
Learn more about AVG Anti-Virus protection
 

melbourne | blogs
listed on aussie blogs
listed on Blogwise
technorati profile
BlogTree.com
 

home | about | weird mob | computing | interests | insight
Copyright © 1995-2008 Lloyd Borrett. All rights reserved.  ::  www.borrett.id.au
mob 0418 170 044  ::  tel +61 3 5996 0033  ::  fax +61 3 5904 9005  ::  email lloyd@borrett.id.au